Sunday 29 April 2012

Facebook Media Drives Business

 

 

Using Facebook, it's a great marketing tool...


Being a work at home mum and running my own business I have a very small budget for advertising.

Facebook for me is a free utility, the only thing it costs me is my time! 


Do you have a Facebook Business page? If not I would fully recommend one, we are seeing more and more Corporate businesses publishing the  Facebook logo 'Like us on Facebook' on their marketing material, why? because they know it works.   Any size business can set up a business page, it is free!

I set up my Facebook business page Fun and Funky Sand Art a year ago last April after realising the potential  to use it as a free advertising platform for my business.

Personally I think Facebook is such a great network tool because it really enables you to network with other local businesses along with potential customers, it is another shop window to my business, showing a more personal aspect, it allows customers to interact with you, post comments and add their photographs sharing their experiences with you and others, that is something that my website window cannot do!  You can really engage with your page likers via their news feeds by simply publishing a wall post or product photograph, even if they do not comment, you know they are out there and reading your posts, that I know from personal experience, I read many posts from other pages but I don't always acknowledge them all by clicking the wall post 'like' button but I am still seeing it.

As the old saying goes, word of mouth is the best form of advertising, well Facebook works the same, you simply click the 'share' or 'Invite your friends' button with your Facebook family and friends, instantly sharing your page ......and hey presto, it's too easy!
 

I was delighted when the Sunshine Coast Daily Newspaper contacted me last week asking to write an article on Facebook and mums in business.........of course I said yes and what great free advertising for 
Fun and Funky Sand Art  too!!!!  

I've shared the article below, I know I am biased but what a gorgeous pic of my five year old son Josh!

SUNSHINE COAST DAILY,  MONDAY APRIL 30TH 2012















































No comments:

Post a Comment